Skip to main content
All CollectionsLeases
Working with Unrepresented Tenants
Working with Unrepresented Tenants

Learn how to send unrepresented tenants an application or a lease to sign

Jointly Support avatar
Written by Jointly Support
Updated over a week ago

If you are representing a client, you will need to create a new deal to access representation documents for your client. The representation folder on your deal is only for documents between you and your client.

To collaborate with an unrepresented tenant, an application needs to be created and you will have the option to send the application and/or a lease and addenda to both parties.

If any edits need to be made, you will need to edit the document(s) on behalf of your client and the unrepresented parties.

Follow these steps to submit an application and/or lease to an unrepresented tenant:

  1. Share your Listing Portal Link to have the tenant(s) apply to your listing. If there are multiple tenants applying in a joint application only one of them should start the application from the link. They will be asked to invite the other tenants in the application.

    You can find the link in your Listing Portal or in the Application Instructions Flyer.

  2. If the tenant(s) don't need to complete an application and you want to start drafting the lease, navigate to the Applications section of your Landlord deal and click the Start Lease icon. Then select "Draft a Lease."
    * Note: You also have the option to send an application to the tenant(s) from this step as well.

  3. Select "No" for the tenants working with an agent and enter the information for the tenant(s). Click Save.

  4. If you selected to Draft a Lease, it will appear in your Application Tasks. Click on it to complete it. After you complete drafting the lease and mark it ready, click the Assign button.

  5. You will have the option to assign it two both parties simultaneously or the tenants first or the landlords first. If you choose to assign it to one party first, it will automatically go to the other party for signature after the first party signs.

Did this answer your question?